Major League Soccer Wednesday released its 323-game 2013 regular season schedule.
Among the highlights of the schedule:
- The 35-week 2013 season will begin March 2, the earliest start date ever, and end October 27.
- All 19 teams will play a 34-game schedule -- 17 home, 17 away.
- Over 90 percent of games will be played on weekends or holidays with no game conflicting with a FIFA World Cup qualifying match.
- In Week 3, eight of the nine matches scheduled will be regional rivalry games with NBC Sports Networks set to air three of those games live.
- No games this summer will start earlier than 4 p.m. local time to alleviate any heat issues with players.
- All 323 games will be televised live, with 87 televised in the US via ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, NBC, NBC Sports Network, Univision and UniMas.
- All non-nationally televised games will be available on local television outlets and can also be seen by subscribing to Direct Kick and/or MLSLive.
- MLS Cup will take place December 7 or 8 at the site of the conference champion with the best regular season record.
To view the complete 2013 MLS schedule and/or the 2013 national TV schedule, visit www.mlssoccer.com.